• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

these might be terrific , or not.

I had a couple of packets of something similar in the sense that the product was trying to imitate the potato :

organic ( even ! )  [ green veg here ]  fries  :  a processed veg  ( I think they had 4 types ) that looked like a potato french fry

which you bought frozen and baked them in the oven.   they touted them as healthier that a potato french fry

and intimated you could get that delicious potato french fried effect in a healthier manner.  

you can't.

you may like these or not for various reasons.  but a 'Tot is a potato 'Tot or its not a 'Tot.

the roasted veg seem interesting for those who don't have the time or inclination to Roast their Own.

rotuts

rotuts

these might be terrific , or not.

I had a couple of packets of something similar in the sense that the product was trying to imitate the potato :

organic ( even ! )  [ green veg here ]  fries  :  a processed veg  ( I think they had 4 types ) that looked like a potato french fry

which you bought frozen and baked them in the oven.   they touted them as healthier that a potato french fry

and intimated you could get that delicious potato french fried effect in a healthier manner.  

you can't.

you may like these or not for various reasons.  but a 'Tot is a potato 'Tot or its not a 'Tot.