• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

42 minutes ago, helenjp said:

I first heard of the Pongal festival a couple of years ago - really interested to see what is going on! I get the impression that food in Tamil Nadu is the closest Indian food to SE Asian food, Really interested to see the food, the people, the shopping and the festival - thanks for showing us. 

It was lots of fun. We were lucky it coincided with our arrival. Driving through the crazy streets of Chennai on Sunday morning after arriving only a few hours prior,  then seeing cows wearing garlands of chrysanthemums, with prettily painted horns, was quite surreal.

sartoric

sartoric

33 minutes ago, helenjp said:

I first heard of the Pongal festival a couple of years ago - really interested to see what is going on! I get the impression that food in Tamil Nadu is the closest Indian food to SE Asian food, Really interested to see the food, the people, the shopping and the festival - thanks for showing us. 

It was lots of fun. We were lucky it coincided with our arrival. Driving through the crazy streets of Chennai on Sunday morning after arriving only a few hours prior,  then seeing cows wearing garlands of chrysanthemums, with prettily painted horns, was quite surreal.

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG