• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dō - new NYC cookie dough shop

Toliver

"New cookie dough shop opens in NYC to be your best friend"

Kristen Tomlan...is opening up a cookie dough shop in New York City called Dō. That's right, there exists a place dedicated to cookie dough and all the scrumptious desserts that can be created with it.

Here's a link to their web site:  

Thankfully, it's on the other coast, or I'd be camped there. :B

Have any eGullet New Yorkers tried it yet?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Interesting idea. Great location. I will be around there tomorrow morning, if I have the time I'll stop in. But my secret is that although I love to bake and eat cookies of just about any variety, I hate raw cookie dough. Awful texture. Never understood why people go so crazy over it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2017 at 1:49 AM, cakewalk said:

Never understood why people go so crazy over it.

That's a very large category for me, and yes...cookie dough is one of its occupants. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning