• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

4 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

...a few years ago someone wanted the Velveeta/RoTel tomato dip and I embarrassed myself in the supermarket by having to ask where the Velveeta was because I couldn't find it with the other cheese in the dairy aisle so I might be asked to make that again. How do you keep it from getting clumpy after a while?

When I make this dip, I use 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed, 4 oz Monterrey Jack, cubed, 5 oz Evaporated Milk, and 10 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained. I add all ingredients to a crock pot and heat on low, stirring occasionally, or heat in the microwave on a low setting, stirring every few minutes. It is ready when melted and bubbly. Have not had the clumping problem with this recipe.

robirdstx

robirdstx

4 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

...a few years ago someone wanted the Velveeta/RoTel tomato dip and I embarrassed myself in the supermarket by having to ask where the Velveeta was because I couldn't find it with the other cheese in the dairy aisle so I might be asked to make that again. How do you keep it from getting clumpy after a while?

When I make this dip, I use 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed, 4 oz Monterrey Jack, cubed, 5 oz Evaporated Milk, and 10 oz Rotel  Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained. I add all ingredients to a crock pot and heat on low, stirring occasionally, or heat in the microwave on a low setting, stirring every few minutes. It is ready when melted and bubbly.