• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gelato Flowers - a new trend

Toliver

The pictures say it all:

"Instagram is obsessing over these delicate flower-shaped gelato cones"

i-Creamy, a gelato store in Sydney, Australia, is seeing locals and tourists alike lose their collective minds over the adorable treats.

"We are the first and the only gelateria that serves the flower-shaped gelato in ... Australia at the moment," said store manager "Pat" to Mashable via Messenger.

People clearly can't get enough of the sugary spirals, sharing their joy with Instagram fiends in Sydney and beyond.

My question is, do the flowers melt quicker than scoops? As a consumer, would I have to increase my "lick factor" 2x or 3x to make sure it just didn't melt all over my hand and down onto the pavement?  These are important issues, people! :BxD

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver