• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Very interesting topic.  Look forward to your posts.

In my case , one freezer became two.  for a good reason : to defrost the first every few years.  I used to do this during very cold weather

ie a week of 20 F , by bagging up the contents and placing them in the ' storm door ' entrance to the basement.  worked fine. PITA though.

then I got lazy , bought the new freezer ( On Sale ! Free Delivery ! ) and then turkey's were 49 cents / lbs .....

every thing in my freezer is SV'd    on sale / bulk SV

except for Turkeys  :  4 x 22 lbs + , 2 x whole fz breasts  , and ground turkey  6 - 8 20z packs exact count unclear

I will say this :  Bulk SV + Freezers = a disease.  

I doubt this counts under this topic :  The New Disease variant is taking those  20 oz Fz ground turkey packs and turning them into

TurkeyRagu  bricks  :  1 gr turkey pack becomes 4 TR bricks.  the iPot facilitates this, asking for 2 fz turkey packs 

( + two jars Marinara , bacon , sweet italian turkey sausage , 1/2 + 1/2 )

Freezer Entropy in my case only seems to increase.   Following the 2d law of thermodynamics, of course

rotuts

rotuts

In my case , one freezer became two.  for a good reason : to defrost the first every few years.  I used to do this during very cold weather

ie a week of 20 F , by bagging up the contents and placing them in the ' storm door ' entrance to the basement.  worked fine. PITA though.

then I got lazy , bought the new freezer ( On Sale ! Free Delivery ! ) and then turkey's were 49 cents / lbs .....

except for Turkeys  :  4 x 22 lbs + , 2 x whole fz breasts  , and ground turkey  6 - 8 20z packs exact count unclear

I will say this :  Bulk SV + Freezers = a disease.  

I doubt this counts under this topic :  The New Disease variant is taking those  20 oz Fz ground turkey packs and turning them into

TurkeyRagu  bricks  :  1 gr turkey pack becomes 4 TR bricks.  the iPot facilitates this, asking for 2 fz turkey packs 

( + two jars Marinara , bacon , sweet italian turkey sausage , 1/2 + 1/2 )

Freezer Entropy in my case only seems to increase.   Following the 2d law of thermodynamics.

rotuts

rotuts

In my case , one freezer became two.  for a gold reason : to defrost the first every few years.  I used to do this during very cold weather

then I got lazy , and then turkey's were 49 cents .....

I will say this :  Bulk SV + Freezers = a new sort of disease.  

TurkeyRagu  bricks  :  1 gr turkey pack becomes 4 TR bricks.

Freezer Entropy in my case only seems to increase.   Following the 2d law of thermodynamics.