• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

15 hours ago, Anna N said:

I am staring at my freezer inventory and not a damn thing is calling out to me to cook for dinner this evening.  Proof absolute that I am incredibly spoiled.  Sigh. 

Well I eventually settled on using some of the ground pork. I made an imitation of Dan Dan noodles using zucchini noodles.   No picture because both attempts  were even more blurry than my usual efforts. The dish turned out to be much saltier than I had hoped but no worries. When I woke up this morning and went into the kitchen there were the perfectly package leftovers still on the counter. There will be no rerun.  

As far as the freezer goes I can certainly see some light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually I will have to buy some meats or die of boredom from what is in there.  And besides I have some exciting dishes I want to try that call for things I don't have.  Resistance may soon be futile.

Anna N

Anna N

14 hours ago, Anna N said:

I am staring at my freezer inventory and not a damn thing is calling out to me to cook for dinner this evening.  Proof absolute that I am incredibly spoiled.  Sigh. 

Well I eventually settled on using some of the ground pork. I made an imitation of Dan Dan noodles using zucchini noodles.   No picture because both attempts  were even more blurry than my usual efforts. The dish turned out to be much saltier than I had hoped to but no worries. When I woke up this morning and went into the kitchen there were the perfectly package leftovers  still on the counter. There will be no rerun.  

As far as the freezer goes I can certainly see some light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually I will have to buy some meats or die of boredom from what is in there.  And besides I have some exciting dishes I want to try that call for things I don't have.  Resistance may soon be futile.