• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

23 minutes ago, Anna N said:

You will need to attend twice as many support meetings to bring your freezer hoarding tendencies into line. :o You bought meat at Cumbrae's?  So maybe one and a half times as many meetings.

It's almost like that warm blanket feeling knowing you have a freezer full of goodies.  Call me odd... :P

Yes, I only buy our meat at Cumbrae's these days.  Such a discernible difference and to be honest Chicken is not that much more expensive than elsewhere.  Especially for dark meat (which is 90% of what we eat, chicken wise).  ((The Rib eye w/ mostly deckle I had last night from them was stupendous!))

Edit for Rotuts -

I have done that before, but my excuse is I had 2 boys under the age of 3 in the car with me and no visual inspection of meat was necessary (I was only getting chicken, ground beef and bacon - mmmm their bacon).

TicTac

TicTac

22 minutes ago, Anna N said:

You will need to attend twice as many support meetings to bring your freezer hoarding tendencies into line. :o You bought meat at Cumbrae's?  So maybe one and a half times as many meetings.

It's almost like that warm blanket feeling knowing you have a freezer full of goodies.  Call me odd... :P

Yes, I only buy our meat at Cumbrae's these days.  Such a discernible difference and to be honest Chicken is not that much more expensive than elsewhere.  Especially for dark meat (which is 90% of what we eat, chicken wise).  ((The Rib eye w/ mostly deckle I had last night from them was stupendous!))

Edit for Rot -

I have done that before, but my excuse is I had 2 boys under the age of 3 in the car with me and no visual inspection of meat was necessary (I was only getting chicken, ground beef and bacon - mmmm their bacon).

TicTac

TicTac

20 minutes ago, Anna N said: