• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Sunday's dinner also came from the freezer.  I roasted a Capon and served it with mashed potatoes, green beans, and Carrots with Chives.

capon.jpg

carrots.jpg

I must report some backsliding on my quest to clean out the freezer.  After the dinner was over, the capon carcass was returned to the freezer to make stock later.  And I added four pounds of turkey meatballs that I made yesterday.  Tonight I put in a pound of haddock from my fish share since I am eating alone this week and the share came with Faroe Island salmon in addition to the haddock.  I can only eat so much fish on my own. Husband is in Milan for work.  I have a feeling he will be eating better than me this week.

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Sunday's dinner also came from the freezer.  I roasted a Capon served it with mashed potatoes, green beans, and Carrots.

capon.jpg

carrots.jpg

I must report some backsliding on my quest to clean out the freezer.  After the dinner was over, the capon carcass was returned to the freezer to make stock later.  And I added four pounds of turkey meatballs that I made yesterday.  Tonight I put in a pound of haddock from my fish share since I am eating alone this week and the share came with Faroe Island salmon in addition to the haddock.  I can only eat so much fish on my own. Husband is in Milan for work.  I have a feeling he will be eating better than me this week.