• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

4 minutes ago, cakewalk said:

Every year around November, when cranberries hit the market, I buy at least 10 bags to freeze so I will have them when cranberries are no longer around. Because I just love cranberries. So anywhere I stick my hand in my freezer I'm likely to come away with a bag of cranberries, which is what happened the other evening. I decided to bake a couple of cranberry walnut loaves, which are now in my freezer taking up decidedly more space than the original bag of cranberries. :P Last night I pulled out a couple of chicken legs, which I'll decide what to do with later this afternoon. I once had a recipe for something called Cranberry Chicken, I wonder where that went to? 

I think this is the biggest problem with the challenge. You pull out something, make something else and instead of emptying the freezer you are filling it up again.  There is probably a Newtonian law that explains this.   If not, we need to hypothesize until we find one.

Anna N

Anna N

2 minutes ago, cakewalk said:

Every year around November, when cranberries hit the market, I buy at least 10 bags to freeze so I will have them when cranberries are no longer around. Because I just love cranberries. So anywhere I stick my hand in my freezer I'm likely to come away with a bag of cranberries, which is what happened the other evening. I decided to bake a couple of cranberry walnut loaves, which are now in my freezer taking up decidedly more space than the original bag of cranberries. :P Last night I pulled out a couple of chicken legs, which I'll decide what to do with later this afternoon. I once had a recipe for something called Cranberry Chicken, I wonder where that went to? 

I think this is the biggest problem with the challenge. You pull out something, make something else and instead of emptying the freezer you were filling it up again.  There is probably a Newtonian law that explains this.   If not we need to hypothesize until we find one.