• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

41 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

My freezer would benefit greatly from this. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to risk two freezer ingredients at once though... I could end up with some pretty Chopped-esque combinations. With my luck, I'd pull out the mini chocolate tart shells and the local walleye I have lurking somewhere in there. That, or the half of a cream cheese pound cake and the smoked elk bones. Now that I think about it, there was a time not all that long ago when I would have been excited about trying to make those things work together in a pleasant manner. What's happened to me? ¬¬

Well you are welcome to try pulling two random things out of the freezer but that wasn't my intent.   I meant after you have your first ingredient in hand then you decide on your second ingredient and if it does come from your freezer then you get bonus points.   I likely didn't explain myself very well. But cream cheese poundcake and smoked elk bones....  Adventurous.  

Anna N

Anna N

39 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

My freezer would benefit greatly from this. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to risk two freezer ingredients at once though... I could end up with some pretty Chopped-esque combinations. With my luck, I'd pull out the mini chocolate tart shells and the local walleye I have lurking somewhere in there. That, or the half of a cream cheese pound cake and the smoked elk bones. Now that I think about it, there was a time not all that long ago when I would have been excited about trying to make those things work together in a pleasant manner. What's happened to me? ¬¬

Well you are welcome to try pulling to random things out of the freezer but that wasn't my intent.   I meant after you have your first ingredient in hand then you decide on your second ingredient and if it does come from your freezer then you get bonus points.   I likely didn't explain myself very well. But cream cheese poundcake and smoked elk bones....  Adventurous.