• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added picture

Here is my little system, such as it is.  It does not contain a full inventory.  Rather, it is a mix of new stuff going in such as the pork back ribs and chicken wings and Stuff That Is Part Of The Freezer Clear Out Challenge.  As I come across FCO items, I add them to the list.  I have tried keeping paper lists before and that worked for about a week.  These little white boards are stuck to the freezer so I try to enter the ins and outs as they happen.  They have been up for about a month and so far so good.  For you fellow Canadians, I bought these at Lee Valley and I bought a magnetic plastic cup sort of thing that is on the side of the freezer and contains my three little pens and an eraser.  That I got at Staples.

image.jpeg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Here is my little system, such as it is.  It does not contain a full inventory.  Rather, it is a mix of new stuff going in such as the pork back ribs and chicken wings and Stuff That Is Part Of The Freezer Clear Out Challenge.  As I come across FCO items, I add them to the list.  I have tried keeping paper lists before and that worked for about a week.  These little white boards are stuck to the freezer so I try to enter the ins and outs as they happen.  They have been up for about a month and so far so good.  For you fellow Canadians, I bought these at Lee Valley and I bought a magnetic plastic cup sort of thing that is on the side of the freezer and contains my three little pens and an eraser.  That I got at Staples.