• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Arey

Arey

I've been emptying old stuff out of my freezer to make room for an order from here  as recommended by @huiray The order came yesterday, two 1lb links of andouille, a package of "kitchen sink" sausage", a package of veal bockwurst, and two  smoked pork chops all tucked away in the freezer except for one of the andouille links, and one of the pork chops which was dinner last night along with sauteed red cabbage, a baked yam, and Stonewall Farms classic chutney.  Part of the unfrozen andouille will turn up in saffron rice with green lip mussels, for Sunday dinner and the rest will be frozen.

Saturday night's dinner will be an Italian sausage sandwich using the very last link of Italian sausage which I'm sure is no more than 9 or 10 months old. Then it's back to Bagliani's market in Hammonton to stock up on sausage, Hot Italian sausage on top shelf, right front, sweet Italian sausage on the bottom shelf right front.  (This is helpful when somethings been knocking  around in the freezer so long the labeling on the carefully labeled package is no longer legible). Bockwurst, and other sausages on the top shelf rear, chicken parts, bottom shelf front left and center, frozen Chinese dumplings bottom shelf rear, frozen spring rolls bottom rear and then stuff just starts getting crammed in where ever it will fit, and then I open the freezer door and there's an avalanche, and all that orderliness is shot to hell, and I'll end up emptying almost an entire shelf onto the counter looking for something I know is in there but can't find, and find something I should have used months ago. But what's a little freezer burn matter?

*The pork chops come completely cooked , but need to be seared. How would you warm up the pork chops so they can be seared without cooking them more.

Arey

Arey

I try to do this, but then the avalanche starts the next time I open the freezer door, and I frantically put the things I catch back in where ever there's space.  I've been emptying old stuff out of my freezer to make room for an order from here  as recommended by @huiray The order came yesterday, two 1lb links of andouille, a package of "kitchen sink" sausage", a package of veal bockwurst, and two  smoked pork chops all tucked away in the freezer except for one of the andouille links, and one of the pork chops which was dinner last night along with sauteed red cabbage, a baked yam, and Stonewall Farms classic chutney.  Part of the andouille will turn up in saffron rice witt green lip mussels, and the rest will be frozen.

Saturday night's dinner will be an Italian sausage sandwich using the very last link of Italian sausage which I'm sure is no more than 9 or 10 months old. Then it's back to Bagliani's markek in Hammonton to stock up on sausage, Hot Italian sausage on top shelf, right front, sweet Italian sausage on the bottom shelf right front.  (This is helpful when somethings been knocking  around in the freezer so long the labeling on the carefully labeled package is no longer legible). Bockwurst, and other sausages on the top shelf rear, chicken parts, bottom shelf front left and center, frozen Chinese dumplings bottom shelf rear, frozen spring rolls bottom rear and then stuff just starts getting crammed in where ever it will fit, and then I open the freezer door and there's an avalanche, and all that orderliness is shot to hell, and I'll end up emptying almost an entire shelf onto the counter looking for something I know is in there but can't find.

*The pork chops come completely cooked , but need to be seared. How would you warm up the pork chops so they can be seared without cooking them more.