• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ranz

Ranz

21 hours ago, Shel_B said:

It looks to me that there's a big glob of unmelted fat right in the center of the roll.  Is that

the case?  After 48-hours of cooking, I'd have though all the fat would have been rendered

out.  To what temperature did you cook the brisket?

58C. There was a bit of it but it was delicious. I don't mind some fat with my meat. Enough of it had rendered in my opinion.

23 hours ago, Steve Irby said:

Here's a batch of Ukrainian style sausage that I made over the weekend.  It's a beef and pork sausage that is poached, air dried, then smoked.  it's doing double duty this week for lunch and dinner.  

Wow.

Ranz

Ranz

9 hours ago, Shel_B said:

It looks to me that there's a big glob of unmelted fat right in the center of the roll.  Is that

the case?  After 48-hours of cooking, I'd have though all the fat would have been rendered

out.  To what temperature did you cook the brisket?

57C. There was a bit of it but it was delicious. I don't mind some fat with my meat. Enough of it had rendered in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Steve Irby said:

Here's a batch of Ukrainian style sausage that I made over the weekend.  It's a beef and pork sausage that is poached, air dried, then smoked.  it's doing double duty this week for lunch and dinner.  

Wow.