• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

Beautiful meals by everyone over the holidays!
The dust has finally settled here with all the kids, kidlets, dogs gone back to their respective homes.

Some of the food we've indulged in over the last few days:
Safeway had cooked lobsters on for Xmas. They had too many so on Boxing day, they were on sale at 50% off. I picked 4 up for $30.00 and split them for the two of us. Covered with herb butter and grilled. The tails were a bit chewy from the double cook, but the claws were lovely. Eaten with black bean spaghetti

Lobster & Blk Bean Pasta 0007.jpg

Trying to get back to simpler food, we had Chinese Ham Yeu (salty fish)
steamed with ground pork and ginger. Rice is SO good with the juice from the steaming!

Salty Fish0002.jpg
I got some silver chopsticks from our s-i-l for Xmas. Had to try them out with some Shanghai noodles - a bit messy! Think I'll keep the bamboo ones for these dishes.:$
                                           Silver Chopsticks & Noodles0012.jpg

Friends came for the day on New Years Eve. We were also visiting other friends in the city, so I put together a slow-cooker pot of Coconut Chicken Curry for supper. It was ready by supper time and all I had to cook then was the rice.

Coconut Curry Chicken 0001.jpg
Safeway had another batch of cooked lobsters for New Years, so I picked up 3 more for our supper tonight. Heated up some butter with slivers of ginger and cilantro. Warmed the extracted lobster meat gently, and eaten with ciabatta bread and a salad of mixed greens. Think we've had our feed of lobster now, unless they were fresh!

Lobster Ginger Butter0002.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

Beautiful meals by everyone over the holidays!
The dust has finally settled here with all the kids, kidlets, dogs gone back to their respective homes.

Some of the food we've indulged in over the last few days:
Safeway had cooked lobsters on for Xmas. They had too many so on Boxing day, they were on sale at 50% off. I picked 4 up for $30.00 and split them for the two of us. Covered with herb butter and grilled. The tails were a bit chewy from the double cook, but the claws were lovely. Eaten with black bean spaghetti

Lobster & Blk Bean Pasta 0007.jpg

Trying to get back to simpler food, we had Chinese Ham Yeu (salty fish)
steamed with ground pork and ginger. Rice is SO good with the juice from the steaming!

Salty Fish0002.jpg
I got some silver chopsticks from our s-i-l for Xmas. Had to try them out with some Shanghai noodles - a bit messy! Think I'll keep the bamboo ones for these dishes.:$
                                           Silver Chopsticks & Noodles0012.jpg

Friends came for the day on New Years Eve. We were also visiting other friends in the city, so I put together a slow-cooker pot of Coconut Chicken Curry for supper. It was ready by supper time and all I had to cook then was the rice.

Coconut Curry Chicken 0001.jpg
Safe had another batch of cooked lobsters for New Years, so I picked up 3 more for our supper tonight. Heated up some butter with slivers of ginger and cilantro. Warmed the extracted lobster meat gently, and eaten with ciabatta break and a salad of mixed greens. Think we've had our feed of lobster now, unless they were fresh!

Lobster Ginger Butter0002.jpg