• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Soupcon

Soupcon

spelling

My chicken salads depend on the season and what I happen to have on hand at the time. I always include onions of some kind (shallot, scallion, red), toasted nuts, chopped celery, and any other suitable vegetable diced or some kind of fresh or dried fruit. The dressing is usually home made mayonnaise cut with sour cream or creme fraiche and mixed with what ever curry paste I have on hand. I dice my chicken and use poached chicken breasts or left over roast chicken.

Soupcon

Soupcon

My chicken salads depend on the season and what I happen to have on hand at the time. I always include onions of some kind (shallot, scallion, red), toasted nuts, chopped celery, and any other suitable vegetable diced or some kind of fresh or dried fruit. The dressing is usually home made mayonnaise cut with sour cream or creme fresh and mixed with what ever curry paste I have on hand. I dice my chicken and use poached chicken breasts or left over roast chicken.