• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

I was at a local Meijer store the other day and noticed a sign over their seasonal section in the back of the store - Mercato Italiano.  I had to check it out.  It appears that they were still stocking it, but had sections for various regions of Italy and various dry, bottled and canned goods appearing on the shelves (it's on the other side of the store from the grocery).  I looked in another Meijer today and the same was happening.

I found a short release on their website:

The Meijer Mercato Italiano experience will take place at all Meijer stores, featuring more than 400 authentic Italian products like artisan Italian pasta, San Marzano tomatoes, Italian wine and Italian extra virgin olive oil for a limited time beginning mid-month.

• Mercato Italiano 1

Meijer is teaming up with the Italian Trade Agency to bring an authentic Italian cooking experience to select Meijer stores hosted later this month by The Food Network’s Iron Chef America Judge, Mario Rizzotti.

•  

I didn't notice anything famously lustworthy, but I wonder of those with more knowledge might point to specific items we should snatch up.

I also envy *someone* in the Meijer Corporate office who got to design this project - regardless of how well the may have succeeded (or not).

IndyRob

IndyRob

I was at a local Meijer store the other day and noticed a sign over their seasonal section in the back of the store - Mercato Italiano.  I had to check it out.  It appears that they were still stocking it, but had sections for various regions of Italy and various dry, bottled and canned goods appearing on the shelves (it's on the other side of the store from the grocery).  I looked in another Meijer today and the same was happening.

The Meijer Mercato Italiano experience will take place at all Meijer stores, featuring more than 400 authentic Italian products like artisan Italian pasta, San Marzano tomatoes, Italian wine and Italian extra virgin olive oil for a limited time beginning mid-month.

• Mercato Italiano 1

Meijer is teaming up with the Italian Trade Agency to bring an authentic Italian cooking experience to select Meijer stores hosted later this month by The Food Network’s Iron Chef America Judge, Mario Rizzotti.

[/quote] [apology]I can't figure out how to end the quote.[/apology]

I didn't notice anything famously lustworthy, but I wonder of those with more knowledge might point to specific items we should snatch up.

I also envy *someone* in the Meijer Corporate office who got to design this project - regardless of how well the may have succeeded (or not).

IndyRob

IndyRob

• Mercato Italiano 1

[/quote]

IndyRob

IndyRob

• Mercato Italiano 1