• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quiet1

Drinks! 2017 (Part 1)

30 posts in this topic

Thanks for stopping in, Craig. You were excellent company. I won't recapitulate your tippling exploits except to note that I somehow neglected to serve you anything with Midori in it or to light anything on fire for you. (The couple to your left weren't as lucky.)

1 person likes this

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

On 2/8/2017 at 5:14 PM, Craig E said:

Here's a brand new cocktail, V for Vecchio, put together by a Reddit contributor:

• 1 oz Neisson Eleve Sous Bois rhum agricole (Clement Premiere Canne)
  • 0.5 oz El Dorado 8 Demerara rum (Hamilton 151)
  • 0.75 oz Vecchio Amaro del Capo
  • 0.25 oz Pierre Ferrand dry curacao
  • 1 barspoon St. Elizabeth allspice dram (homemade)
  • 1 barspoon lime juice

Stir on ice, double strain, garnish with 3 cherries and a lime twist.

Always happy to see new ideas for using my Vecchio Amaro del Capo. 

That cocktail drink is what I love to drink all the time. I feel really good especially when you drink together with your love one. :)

Edited by Smithy Corrected format to clarify quote (log)

The Real Horrorshow at Pouring Ribbons (El Dorado spiced rum, lemon, Yaguara Ouro cachaca, Lady Grey tea, cinnamon, Copper & Kings citrus absinthe, clarified milk). Drop-dead outstanding drink.

1 person likes this

The other night I was looking for something a little different from the bright, citrus dominated drinks I have been making lately.  So, I made a brandy Alexander.  Brandy, Creme de Cacao, heavy cream, pinch of nutmeg for garnish.

16730507_10208429239636939_4042679282555044272_n.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0