• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

Measure out 1/2 oz dry vermouth for a 1:5 Martini. Empty bottle of gin (1 1/2 oz) and dispose of bottle. Go to backstock closet and discover that I have no more gin of any kind, including genever and old tom. Turns out a 1:3 Martini is pretty nice. Now for a small Manhattan...

EDIT: Turns out my 5 mo old Labrador Retriever didn't really enjoy her sample of my unattended Manhattan. Probably has sorority girl tastes.

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

Measure out 1/2 oz dry vermouth for a 1:5 Martini. Empty bottle of gin (1 1/2 oz) and dispose of bottle. Go to backstock closet and discover that I have no more gin of any kind, including genever and old tom. Turns out a 1:3 Martini is pretty nice. Now for a small Manhattan...