• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

2 hours ago, gulfporter said:

And often we’re heading out somewhere else (not home) after lunch and storing leftovers in the car for a few hours in our summer heat (Florida) isn’t a good idea.

Two different thoughts for when half-portions aren't feasible.

1) You could carry a small cooler loaded with reusable ice blocks, and when the food makes it feasible, put the leftovers in the cooler.

2) My DW had bariactric surgery in 2009. I told her up front that I understood that she wouldn't be able to finish restaurant-sized portions and when we needed to leave the uneaten food behind, it was ok. She does order off of the apps menu if there is something specific that interests her.

These thoughts may or may not be useful, I am just passing them on to you.

Porthos

Porthos

1 hour ago, gulfporter said:

And often we’re heading out somewhere else (not home) after lunch and storing leftovers in the car for a few hours in our summer heat (Florida) isn’t a good idea.

Two different thoughts for when half-portions are feasible.

1) You could carry a small cooler loaded with reusable ice blocks, and when the food makes it feasible, put the leftovers in the cooler.

2) My DW had bariactric surgery in 2009. I told her up front that I understood that she wouldn't be able to finish restaurant-sized portions and when we needed to leave the uneaten food behind, it was ok. She does order off of the apps menu if there is something specific that interests her.

These thoughts may or may not be useful, I am just passing them on to you.