• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2017 (Part 1)

Anna N

@liuzhou

It is a bit late for this but I do hope you dropped into the patent office before you broadcast this to the whole world. xDxD

• Like 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, liuzhou said:

This morning I valiantly mustered all my creative energies, limitless imagination and culinary skills and came up with the perfect breakfast. I expect all the awards to come rolling in any moment now. You will be astonished and beg me for the recipe.

I admire both your creativity and your courage!

HC

Edited by HungryChris (log)

image.jpeg.8e5544653fab45a338ec33380a9e6697.jpeg

• Like 11

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I don't normally eat ketchup but there's a bottle of Heinz in my fridge, left behind after houseguests and @robirdstx's breakfast post planted a thought.  

Green pepper-phobes, you should avert your eyes or imagine the green bits are spinach xD

IMG_4593.thumb.jpg.d1f921222f36096327fc0105a9871bce.jpg

Edited by blue_dolphin
because I typed phobes NOT phones (log)
  • Like 10

Another clean-out-the-fridge breakfast. Materials at hand: half a bag of spinach, a container of mushrooms, two Poblano chiles, Serrano chiles, unlabeled sausage, partly-used cilantro, feta cheese, and eggs. Also had onions and garlic around.

Roasted and peeled the Poblano chiles. Cubed and fried the sausage, and then poured off most of the drippings. Dry-fried mushrooms in the wok until they were done squeaking, and then sauteed with some of the sausage drippings. Sauteed onions, Serrano chiles, and garlic, and then cooked down the spinach. Added in Poblanos, mushrooms, and sausage, feta, and cilantro, and then scrambled in the eggs. A little Cholula for flavor.

A satisfying breakfast, leaving lots more room in the fridge. Somehow the phrase "hive-mind" kept popping into my head. :)

SpinachEggs_201703-1.jpg

Edited by C. sapidus (log)
  • Like 9

image.jpeg.39c200de480410b41e3cd2b6da838a26.jpeg

Leftover Mountain Jew Omelette from Samarkand.  it did not improve overnight.  Not  that I expected it to.  It was edible but I am asking myself why I felt obligated to finish it up.  

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog

No photos because it wasn't at all photogenic, but a ramekin of leftover mashed potatoes served as a bed for two eggs, which were then topped with bacon bits, some grated cheese, and a tablespoon or two of heavy cream, then baked at 350 for 12 minutes in the CSO. Good stuff.

• Like 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

this was a bit of a surprise for me :  still cold from the refrig :

58c6ca2096d2d_CBCD.thumb.jpg.8456de54327c39a3be1748327a21e98d.jpg

far better than it looks !

I think CB & C dinner is just an excuse for large quantities of mustard.

its better at room temp.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, C. sapidus said:

Another clean-out-the-fridge breakfast. Materials at hand: half a bag of spinach, a container of mushrooms, two Poblano chiles, Serrano chiles, unlabeled sausage, partly-used cilantro, feta cheese, and eggs. Also had onions and garlic around.

Roasted and peeled the Poblano chiles. Cubed and fried the sausage, and then poured off most of the drippings. Dry-fried mushrooms in the wok until they were done squeaking, and then sauteed with some of the sausage drippings. Sauteed onions, Serrano chiles, and garlic, and then cooked down the spinach. Added in Poblanos, mushrooms, and sausage, feta, and cilantro, and then scrambled in the eggs. A little Cholula for flavor.

A satisfying breakfast, leaving lots more room in the fridge. Somehow the phrase "hive-mind" kept popping into my head. :)

SpinachEggs_201703-1.jpg

Add some sautéed potatoes and you have eggy potatoes.......ie a semi-frittata.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

image.jpeg.07a423ea231cde5258d7727a02d483c1.jpeg

It does look a bit iffy to be kind but it was quite good.  I took out from the freezer one of the cheese waffles I made a day or so ago, reheated it and dotted it with the last of the Cambozola.  Back under the broiler for a few seconds to soften the cheese and breakfast was served.  

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog