• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2017 (Part 1)

Anna N

Wow. We are getting really off-topic here. Can we move the hollandaise discussion here?

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg.49f04bb2bac473b8316acaa031da8d12.jpeg

An over-stuffed mushroom and pepper omelette. 

• Like 10

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

On 2/24/2017 at 3:55 PM, Okanagancook said:

I think this topic should be renamed "First Meal of the Day" after seeing the variety of items being consumed!

In the category of "First Meal of the Day," this was consumed a little after 10 AM:

IMG_4470.thumb.jpg.271ccbb026bcefb3eaab5aff178c11e3.jpg

Black Forest ham and sharp cheddar on toasted sourdough, returned to the toaster oven long enough to make the cheese melty.  Raw carrots, spicy dill pickles and slaw.

• Like 10

I am liking the above very much....minus the raw carrots.  @Anna N and @rotuts have issues with bell peppers....I have issues with raw carrots lol.  

Cooked, I love.  

Raw.  No.  

I blame Bugs Bunny cartoons.  I clearly remember watching Bugs one Saturday  morning and he was chomping and loving a carrot.  I begged my mom for one.  One bite and I was devastated.   I envisioned them tasting like...well, cheese I think.  Ruined me forever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

I am liking the above very much....minus the raw carrots.  @Anna N and @rotuts have issues with bell peppers....I have issues with raw carrots lol.  

Cooked, I love.  

Raw.  No.  

I blame Bugs Bunny cartoons.  I clearly remember watching Bugs one Saturday  morning and he was chomping and loving a carrot.  I begged my mom for one.  One bite and I was devastated.   I envisioned them tasting like...well, cheese I think.  Ruined me forever.

Not bell peppers.  GREEN bell peppers.:)

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg.b996f5bc372293361b12a694f7eeb28d.jpeg

See.  RED pepper stuffed with leftover stuffing, topped with mozzarella and cheddar baked until done. 

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

Dinner for breakfast is becoming a habit.

Sunday's breakfast

58b6d8f56f542_PolloallaMarengoFebruary26th2017breakfast.thumb.jpg.2f316c389cd7389640911332ce6daad8.jpg

Pollo alla Marengo.

Moe had his for breakfast and I worked Sunday so took some for lunch. 

And Tuesday's breakfast.  

58b6d98d18db2_HamFebruary28th20171.thumb.jpg.85f08d162b83d4585c0c132510ea8eaa.jpg

Up early so put a ham in the oven.

58b6d9992c31e_HamFebruary28th20172.thumb.jpg.a5c37ec9022e070ec09ff66d32a2c2cf.jpg

Potatoes and peas in cream. 

Lots of ham leftover for ham and eggs. 

Edited by Ann_T (log)
  • Like 10

Leftover garlicky beet greens from last night, topped with a ladleful of leftover white bean soup and a poached egg:

IMG_4497.thumb.jpg.72057bba852f20a58b66a9f608b0c85c.jpg

It would have been really good with a little of that leftover pork belly chopped up in there with the beans and greens but being Ash Wednesday, I shall abstain.  Perhaps tomorrow.....

• Like 14

7 hours ago, liuzhou said:

All that needs is some banana bread! :D

:P

My 2004 eG Blog

@liamsaunt

Egads. I am hungry but don't have time for breakfast as I am due at an appointment very shortly  but that plate is enough to convince me that I will survive until I get home!   Glad to hear there is something better in the offing.

My 2004 eG Blog