• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2017 (Part 1)

Anna N

image.jpeg

Only the most talented of food stylists could make this look any better than a dog's dinner.  Nevertheless I enjoyed it. Chicken livers, mushrooms and onions deglazed with some cognac and toned down a little with some fresh cream.   I enjoyed it over toasted multigrain bread.   It was also dinner last night but served over egg noodles.

• Like 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Left over corn beef hash from yesterday's breakfast at Dream Weaver in Prince Frederick near our beach house.  They actually make hash in the house!  It reheats very nicely.  Freshly squeezed orange/Apple/pear/kale juice.

image.jpg

• Like 6

@patris  and I had breakfast today at the Original Pancake House

IMG_1766.JPG

Tea for me.

IMG_1769.JPG

Dutch baby for me. Swapped strawberries for blueberries.

IMG_1771.JPG

Mushroom crepe with potato pancakes for @patris

• Like 10

image.jpeg

Simple breakfast today. Toasted English muffin with homemade red currant jelly.

• Like 9

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Catfish surfaced briefly this morning, just long enough to scarf down a ratatoulle like toastie consisting cubanelles, onions, endive and, of course zucchini, broiled with slices of brie. Although, catfish through and through, by nature, I felt more like a kingfish upon returning to the depths.

HC

IMG_0977.JPGIMG_0979.JPG

• Like 8

On 29/01/2017 at 5:26 PM, Kerry Beal said:

@patris  and I had breakfast today at the Original Pancake House

IMG_1766.JPG

Tea for me.

IMG_1769.JPG

Dutch baby for me. Swapped strawberries for blueberries.

IMG_1771.JPG

Mushroom crepe with potato pancakes for @patris

Is this the place on niagara falls boulevard  on the way out to Trader Joe's near Tonawanda?

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

Late breakfast? Early lunch?  

image.jpeg

Four egg frittata with bacon, onions, olives and some cheddar cheese.

image.jpeg

Half of it served up with a few of the same olives that are in it.

image.jpeg

I used the Amfissa olives from this package that made its way from Trader Joe's in Buffalo to my house. 

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog

Oatmeal with a little peanut butter, cinnamon, nutmeg. Topped with bananas and walnuts, caramelized in brown sugar and butter. A little orange zest and some more nutmeg. Really not as heavy as it might look.

Based on this recipe, though I really haven't follow any measurement.

20170201_141947.jpg

• Like 6

~ Shai N.