• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

@blue_dolphin

I find the "hungries" frequently interfere with my plans.  Your sandwich is surely resonating with me  but the tomato soup not so much. I understand that it's an accepted pairing but I was raised in the wrong country, I think, to appreciate that.

edited to add

I just linked to the original recipe and I have to say it would not have caught my attention at all.  Toasties I understand and enjoy but closed grilled cheese sandwiches -- no.  I have all the makings at the moment so it may appear on my table in the not-too-distant future as a toastie.

Anna N

Anna N

@blue_dolphin

I find the "hungries" frequently interfere with my plans.  Your sandwich is surely resonating with me  but the tomato soup not so much. I understand that it's an accepted pairing but I was raised in the wrong country, I think, to appreciate that.