• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

After getting my international banking problems resolved I placed my order with parmashop.com about midnight yesterday.  The package arrived today.  I am impressed with UPS as well as parmashop.

Unfortunately I have taken ill so I did not do any more than open the insulated box and transfer the vacuum sealed kilo of cheese to the refrigerator.  Noting as I did so that a kilogram is rather a lot.

In addition to the 48 month Parmigiano Reggiano, I could not leave behind a 25 year Tradizional Balsamic that is currently on sale.

And then there were the dried porcini.

Please post when you try the dried porcini.  I usually purchase from Marx Foods - Dried wild porcini. $58.00 per pound.

andiesenji

andiesenji

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

After getting my international banking problems resolved I placed my order with parmashop.com about midnight yesterday.  The package arrived today.  I am impressed with UPS as well as parmashop.

Unfortunately I have taken ill so I did not do any more than open the insulated box and transfer the vacuum sealed kilo of cheese to the refrigerator.  Noting as I did so that a kilogram is rather a lot.

In addition to the 48 month Parmigiano Reggiano, I could not leave behind a 25 year Tradizional Balsamic that is currently on sale.

And then there were the dried porcini.

Please post when you try the dried porcini.  I usually purchase from Marx Foods - Dried wild porcini.