• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to write a job description for Chef Opening

jtphjl

I am the Personnel chair of a small non-profit in Bergen County. I am working on a job description for a Chef position - serving 24 seniors with no dietary restrictions aside from health conscious and delicious meals.

The job could include a living space with on site parking (Ridgewood). 40 hours a week Monday - Friday with health benefits. Responsibilities are for making available a breakfast foods bagels, fruit, yogurt for self serve. Menu planning, shopping, cooking and serving 12 residents in 2 homes lunch and dinner. (homes are very close to each other) each home has a professional kitchen. 

Please, ideas on how to write up this description and sources for posting the job.

thanks!!!!!!!!!! Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing you already got this written : ) But if not, re-post and I'm happy to help. I love writing these. 

And if you haven't found it already, post on goodfoodjobs.com. Looks like a fantastic job for the right person!

~ Dani

1 hour ago, Dani Black said:

I'm guessing you already got this written : ) But if not, re-post and I'm happy to help. I love writing these. 

And if you haven't found it already, post on goodfoodjobs.com. Looks like a fantastic job for the right person!

~ Dani

The job description is posted here, in Culinary Classifieds. Thank you for including a reference for an additional web site.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown