• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Opinions on confectionery guitar cutter table

JeanneCake

So years ago I bought a used double Martellato guitar; and I'm thinking of getting a guitar cutter table for it; I am tired of moving it around and I don't want to give up space on a work table (plus keeping the other frames safe is a challenge).  It doesn't fit on a speed rack and I think I need to just bite the bullet and spend the $ for a table specifically built for a guitar. 

I saw on the tcf sales site a table meant for a double Dedy and it's half the price of another place I'd seen advertising a table on line ($1500). Do you use a dedicated table?  Does Martellato make a table for their guiltar and I just can't find it?  Any opinions? Comments? Advice?

I have the one from Design & Realisation and a Dedy single guitar:  https://www.dr.ca/cart-for-chocolate-guitar-cutter.html

It only has wheels on 2 legs but that doesn't really bother me, I don't move it too far too often.  I had a piece of <acrylic? some sort of hard plastic about 3/16" thick> cut to fit on top of the lower bars of the frame to make a shelf, that way I can put the guitar base away and tuck the whole cart under my work table.

The favorable exchange rate ought to cover shipping from Canada, the main question would be whether Martellato and Dedy have the same size frames.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 7:58 PM, pastrygirl said:

I have the one from Design & Realisation and a Dedy single guitar:  https://www.dr.ca/cart-for-chocolate-guitar-cutter.html

It only has wheels on 2 legs but that doesn't really bother me, I don't move it too far too often.  I had a piece of <acrylic? some sort of hard plastic about 3/16" thick> cut to fit on top of the lower bars of the frame to make a shelf, that way I can put the guitar base away and tuck the whole cart under my work table.

The favorable exchange rate ought to cover shipping from Canada, the main question would be whether Martellato and Dedy have the same size frames.

That is the same one I have.

• Like 1

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

On 12/29/2016 at 6:58 PM, pastrygirl said:

I have the one from Design & Realisation .... 

The favorable exchange rate ought to cover shipping from Canada

Actually, DR has a free shipping offer for orders over $200 until January 8 so it's a good time to shop!

Thank you for the pictures, that's exactly what I want to do.  There's a plastics fabricator in the next town who can cut a shelf for the bottom too (I've had them make acrylic bases for cakes).  We had a really good year this year so I have $ to do this and I'm happy to know about the free shipping from D&R, thank you @pastrygirl.  I'll measure the frames tomorrow to make sure they'll fit on the table. Thank you all for your help!

• Like 1

I had the Amish make mine.  I put a door on the cabinet where the cutters are stored.  Had them put it in 4 wheels so it's super easy to move out of the way when not in use.  Still setting up my Florida kitchen, so, it's now more a storage unit ..... but, I will have it set back up soon....