• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Authentic Thai food - UPTOWN Toronto!

TicTac

Located south of Sheppard on the West side of Yonge - BKK EATS have been around for 4 months now and I finally paid them a visit.

Typically I would not post until multiple tastes, but the staff and quality of food forced me to stray from my norm.

So far I have only tried their Pad Thai, but if it is any indication of other dishes on the menu, this place is a little gem! Well seasoned, reminiscent of Khao San Road's pad thai - though I would like to see pickled pieces of veg (I cannot recall the actual authentic veg used - might be mustard or cabbage...) as well as perhaps some more dried shrimp - but none the less, delicious!

Comes with a Hot & Sour thai style soup and a few spring rolls (I cannot comment on those as I try to avoid fried foods as best I can).

Best $11 take-out in recent memory.

Will be back