• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
TicTac

Authentic Thai food - UPTOWN Toronto!

Located south of Sheppard on the West side of Yonge - BKK EATS have been around for 4 months now and I finally paid them a visit.

Typically I would not post until multiple tastes, but the staff and quality of food forced me to stray from my norm.

So far I have only tried their Pad Thai, but if it is any indication of other dishes on the menu, this place is a little gem! Well seasoned, reminiscent of Khao San Road's pad thai - though I would like to see pickled pieces of veg (I cannot recall the actual authentic veg used - might be mustard or cabbage...) as well as perhaps some more dried shrimp - but none the less, delicious!

Comes with a Hot & Sour thai style soup and a few spring rolls (I cannot comment on those as I try to avoid fried foods as best I can).

Best $11 take-out in recent memory.

Will be back

Sign in to follow this