• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

added links

Inspired by Louis Anderman (owner of Miracle Mile bitters)...

and because I had found yuzus to make marmalade, I decided to try my hand at yuzushu, the Japanese yuzu liqueur. So a few days ago I separated the segments from the skin, cleaned everything to remove as much pith as I could, and started macerating everything in vodka (gin sounded lovely but, surprisingly, I didn't have enough on hand).

I found this recipe that I am following loosely.

Yuzus resemble mandarins except for their color which is yellow, and they are quite easy to peel. Their flesh is not very juicy and is typically very full of seeds. Their skin is intensely aromatic.

Yuzushu

Yuzushu

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Inspired by Louis Anderman (owner of Miracle Mile bitters)...

and because I had found yuzus to make marmalade, I decided to try my hand at yuzushu, the Japanese yuzu liqueur. So a few days ago I separated the segments from the skin, cleaned everything to remove as much pith as I could, and started macerating everything in vodka (gin sounded lovely but, surprisingly, I didn't have enough on hand).

I found this recipe that I am following loosely.

Yuzus resemble mandarins except for their color which is yellow, and they are quite easy to peel. Their flesh is not very juicy and is typically very full of seeds. Their skin is intensely aromatic.

Yuzushu

Yuzushu