• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

added the picture, spelling fix

I have been grousing forever about the lack of a good deep fry thermometer so Santa gave me one.  Included was a pocket IR one.  Also, two OXO ladles to replace my two dollar store ones, and that little knife.  That little knife is made in France and has such a finely serated edge that you can't see the serations.  I did some ham  trimming today using it and it was like cutting into soft butter.  

20161225_144915.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

added the picture

I have been grousing forever about the lack of a good deep fry thermometer so Santa gave me one.  Included was a pocket IR one.  Also, two OXO ladles to replace my two dollar store ones, and that little knife.  That little knife is made in France and has such a finely seated edge that you can't see the serations.  I did some ham  trimming today using it and it was like cutting into soft butter.  

20161225_144915.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

I have been grousing forever about the lack of a good deep fry thermometer so Santa gave me one.  Included was a pocket IR one.  Also, two OXO ladles to replace my two dollar store ones, and that little knife.  That little knife is made in France and has such a finely seated edge that you can't see the serations.  I did some ham  trimming today using it and it was like cutting into soft butter.