• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DARTO pans

rotuts

I also went for it. I’ve never cooked with carbon steel, but have been wanting to try it out and this seemed like a good excuse. I’ll probably forget I ordered it by the time it arrives in April or May though.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, CentralMA said:

Confirmation email this morning 11:24AM stating the items have shipped. 

Let's see how long from Argentina to Massachusetts.

I've just had something arrive from North Carolina that I'd ordered in early October. :P

In fairness, this was the third attempt and it only actually took 17 days.

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

• 2 weeks later...

Pans have arrived, just 14 days from shipping notification.

The shipping box looks like it was kicked all the way here.

Everything is intact, excellent shape. There was a rattle in the box, made me worried. But Darto included a couple of their keychain pans.

Did a quick wash, then a soapy water boil on the stove. Hit all surfaces with Bartenders Friend, got all the gunk off. 

A quick seasoning top and bottom on both, on the range low heat. They're now in the oven at a moderate temp, I'll continue this for a few iterations.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CentralMA said:

keychain pans

?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

1 minute ago, blue_dolphin said:

Darto keychain pan

I've been wanting one of these for ages.  Maybe 2 for earrings?  So cute!

Aww, how cute! Thanks for the link. 🙂

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

21 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Darto keychain pan

I've been wanting one of these for ages.  Maybe 2 for earrings?  So cute!

Well, I've got two. If you'd like you can have earrings. I imagine there's a way to private message me with your address they'll be sent on their way. I expect pictures, of course.

• Haha 1

egads!

I got the N27 booboo thickness original

and the (whatever  but too small...) eared pan.

thinking on getting a larger quiche  / whatever style pan - in a house of two - could be a boon for small dishes.

• Like 1

Received my Darto 20cm sauté pan today. It arrived in excellent condition (even the box). Amazingly fast shipping, I ordered late on the 14th, it was shipped on the 15th, arrived today the 21st! It’s outside in a plastic bag soaking in oven cleaner to get the packing oil off. Next up, seasoning.😊

• Like 4

somewhere along the line Darto issued info that they would be "bulk stocking" their products in USA.

this make tons of sense, since the cost/delay of customs clearance on 5 tons of pans is about the same as one pan....

but it also speeds up delivery by several whales.

they still do a thing about "pre-orders" - it's smart - lets them plan their production...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlaMoi said:

somewhere along the line Darto issued info that they would be "bulk stocking" their products in USA.

this make tons of sense, since the cost/delay of customs clearance on 5 tons of pans is about the same as one pan....

but it also speeds up delivery by several whales.

they still do a thing about "pre-orders" - it's smart - lets them plan their production...

According to the DHL tracking this one came from Argentina. It did go through customs in Miami. Guess I ordered on a slow day.

• 4 months later...

Darto is offering free shipping for rest of August.

When does this action start and when does it end?
From August 23 to august 31 you will be able to buy our products without paying for shipping.

On all products?
Yes, whatever the model and the amount of paellas or pans you buy.

• Like 1