• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DARTO pans

rotuts

@Hassouni

You Betcha !

the store in your area thought we were a Cabal !

we were both on the phone at the same time.

the Texas pan is fine.

these are heavier and better  if you like the feel of " substantial "

they do require care , and why not ?

your food will taste the same w that TX pan

but your will very much enjoy these pans a bit more.

don't have a Cuisinart Stream Oven

so sad I am

""  Ill be drinking early today "

W.C.Fields   every afternoon he got out of bed

• Like 1

here is what Ive heard from DARTO

re the CSO  and the # 27  :

"

Paella handle to handle is 32 cm but i Think that if a dish 27 cm can get in. If you put the paella no.27 in diagonal will get in. "

in my book :  32 cm's  = 12.6 "

I thin this might fit !

money-mouth.gif.7df4eb859ce6e515389cbaa0b2a09f84.gif

• Like 1

Y'all....QUIT! I do not need another pan...I do not need another pan...I do not need another pan...

But damn, I want a paella pan. I might as well go on and order the damn thing. I know I'm going to.

• Haha 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

I got a 25. One day, I'm going to sit down and figure up how much eG has cost me over the years -- an Anova, a CSO, an Instant Pot, countless cookbooks, assorted semi-exotic ingredients, several pieces of cookware....

Of course, it's also afforded me hours of entertainment and lots of really good food info. So I guess it evens out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@Hassouni

don't have one ?

the CSO ?

Sad   very sad.

some of us have two

Some of us have three.  Condo, beach house, back up.  And want four: back up for back up.  It's that good.  Waiting for a good price.  @rotuts is the first one on my list to notify when I find the right price 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chefmd said:

Some of us have three.  Condo, beach house, back up.  And want four: back up for back up.  It's that good.  Waiting for a good price.  @rotuts is the first one on my list to notify when I find the right price 

Up north, home and call room at

work. If I still had a boat there would be one there I'm sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The angles on most cast iron pans makes them better suited for making cornbread than doing what you'd normally do with a flared skillet or frying pan. The shape makes them not great to saute with, or even do simple things like flip a fried egg. The Dartos are also probably thicker than most vintage cast iron, which tends to be thinner than modern stuff like Lodge. I use the carbon steel much more.

3 hours ago, rotuts said:

@kayb

and an Anova or two ?

please don't tell us you don't have an Anova 

Pleeeeeeeeese.

I do, in fact, have an Anova. In fact, if anyone remembers the old SideKic circulators that someone publicized on eG a few years back, that was my first adventure into SV. It died, and I could not function without having one, so a dear friend, whom I'd enabled to buy his own, got me one for Christmas. I don't use it too often, but I would not be without it. It is worth the price of admission if I didn't do anything more than country fried steak.

Don't ask. Eat it.

I don't use cast iron much even though I have several. The steel Matfer and Darto are my everyday frying pans. The clad pans get a lot of use too. 

Ugh! I should have ordered at least one pan when the old design was available! :S

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!