• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, curls said:

Anyone use the 15 or 20? They seem quite small, not sure what one would cook in them. Tempted to place an order and trying to figure out what I should get. Ah, you enablers & tempters!

I have 20s in both the skillets and paella pans.  The 20 skillet (old style) is a size (~ 8 inches) that I use very often.   While I don't have the 15 skillet I like my little 5 inch cast iron skillet for toasting spices or gently warming garlic in a small amount of oil so I think it could be a handy size to have.

I have the the 20 and 25 paella pans and use them often.  Both fit nicely into the CSO.  The 20 is good for ~ 2 - 3 servings of something.  If I'm cooking more that that, I sometimes prefer the higher sides of the Lodge L8SKL Cast Iron Pan instead as the 25 paella pan's sides are just over an inch high which can lead to me making a mess.

The 15 paella pans look like they'd be adorable for individual servings and I've been tempted to get a few for that purpose.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

13 minutes ago, curls said:

Anyone use the 15 or 20? They seem quite small, not sure what one would cook in them. Tempted to place an order and trying to figure out what I should get. Ah, you enablers & tempters!

I have 20s in both the skillets and paella pans.  The 20 skillet (old style) is a size (~ 8 inches) that I use very often.   While I don't have the 15 skillet I like my little 5 inch cast iron skillet for toasting spices or gently warming garlic in a small amount of oil so I think it could be a handy size to have.

I have the the 20 and 25 paella pans and use them often.  Both fit nicely into the CSO.  The 20 more is good for ~ 2 - 3 servings of something.  If I'm cooking more that that, I sometimes prefer the higher sides of the Lodge L8SKL Cast Iron Pan instead as the 25 paella pan's sides are just over an inch high which can lead to me making a mess.

The 15 paella pans look like they'd be adorable for individual servings and I've been tempted to get a few for that purpose.