• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

btbyrd

btbyrd

Relativity

Man, I really want that error #27. I think I might do it just for laughs, but I think I'd get cross looks from my dear sweet wife. I've been waiting on a #31 forever, and it seems like they're doing a #30. But they told me last year that the #31 was coming this year... and I couldn't wait. I ended up with a 12" All Clad D7. It is the freaking truth. I love it as much as my Dartos, and the fact that I can do acid in it without worry is a boon. It's thick as nards and weighs 1965g. Only 4.5 pounds, but because it's D7 the evenness and heat-up time are unrivaled [relative to cast iron and reactive steel]. I got a new open box one direct from the factory for roughly Darto prices.

I season mine with Bar Keeper's Friend because I like to ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

btbyrd

btbyrd

Man, I really want that error #27. I think I might do it just for laughs, but I think I'd get cross looks from my dear sweet wife. I've been waiting on a #31 forever, and it seems like they're doing a #30. But they told me last year that the #31 was coming this year... and I couldn't wait. I ended up with a 12" All Clad D7. It is the freaking truth. I love it as much as my Dartos, and the fact that I can do acid in it without worry is a boon. It's thick as nards and weighs 1965g. Only 4.5 pounds, but because it's D7 the evenness and overall heat delivery are unrivaled. I got a new open box one direct from the factory for roughly Darto prices.

I season mine with Bar Keeper's Friend because I like to ride eternal, shiny and chrome.