• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

12 hours ago, gfweb said:

I have a Matfer and a Darto. Both cook very well. Both are as nonstick as my Teflon that I don't use. . I can slide an omelet off both. 

But Darto is heavier and sears better and is way prettier. Way. 

It looks like some Carbone Plus sizes are 3mm, some 2.5mm.  So it's reasonable to judge a 3mm Darto searing better than a 2.5mm Matfer.  Are you saying that, or are you saying that Dartos sear better than the 3mm Matfer?

boilsover

boilsover

12 hours ago, gfweb said:

I have a Matfer and a Darto. Both cook very well. Both are as nonstick as my Teflon that I don't use. . I can slide an omelet off both. 

But Darto is heavier and sears better and is way prettier. Way. 

It looks like some Carbone Plus sizes are 3mm, some 2.5mm.  So it's reasonable to judge a 3mm Darto searing better than a 2.5mm Matfer.  Are you saying that, or are you saying that Dartos sear better than the 3mm Matfer?