• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

On 12/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, IEATRIO said:

Of course, if you are happy with the Lodges, that's great, but anybody considering the Darto should understand that they are in a completely different class than the Lodge.  The Dartos are seamless pieces of thick carbon steel and practically unique in the market, at any price.  They will last forever and will likely be the nicest pan you will ever use.  For many people the difference in price between the Dartos and something more conventional, will be very well worth the price.  I think anybody on the fence about these won't regret pulling the trigger.

What, in your opinion, would allow these pans do anything better than, say, the deBuyer Carbone Plus?

I'm looking for a fish pan, and there is none made by Darto.

boilsover

boilsover

On 12/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, IEATRIO said:

Of course, if you are happy with the Lodges, that's great, but anybody considering the Darto should understand that they are in a completely different class than the Lodge.  The Dartos are seamless pieces of thick carbon steel and practically unique in the market, at any price.  They will last forever and will likely be the nicest pan you will ever use.  For many people the difference in price between the Dartos and something more conventional, will be very well worth the price.  I think anybody on the fence about these won't regret pulling the trigger.

What, in your opinion, would allow these pans do anything better than, say, the deBuyer Carbone Plus?