• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

My re-seasoning (first method was a flawed oven method) came out quite well on my MB 12 inch. 

10-12 rounds (I lost track!) of flax seed oil seasoning on stove top, letting it cool 100% before moving on to subsequent rounds.

The key I found was to apply a small amount, and then wipe it off with a clean cloth, let it get to smoking and then cool.  The minute amount left  post wipe is more than sufficient to create the layer for that round.

TicTac

TicTac

My recent found of seasoning came out quite well on my MB 12 inch. 

10-12 rounds (I lost track!) of flax seed oil seasoning on stove top, letting it cool 100% before moving on to subsequent rounds.

The key I found was to apply a small amount, and then wipe it off with a clean cloth, let it get to smoking and then cool.  The minute amount left  post wipe is more than sufficient to create the layer for that round.