• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

extra pictures

Here are some things from the Animal Kingdom.  From Harambe Market, chicken tikka masala with black eyed pea salad and rice

akchicken tikka masala.jpg

Not great, but better than your typical burger and french fry theme park offering.  I liked the salad.  We also got a borewat sausage in curry batter with papaya salad

akboerwat sausage .jpg

Later that afternoon we stopped by Nomad Lounge for a cocktail.  This is a quiet and peaceful oasis that I don't think many people know about.  That won't last long, as it is on the walkway to Avatar Land which is scheduled to open this summer.

tiffins cocktails.jpg

That night we had dinner at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Bread service (after it had already been attacked by my niece and nephew)

jiko bread service.jpg

Taste of Africa, with double hummus and no papaya sambal as it had shrimp paste in it.  We ordered two of these for the table and they got devoured.

jiko taste of africa.jpg 

Iguaday tibs in brik: filo parcels stuffed with mushroom and curry with curry flavors

jiko broks in tibs.jpg

Flatbread with chicken and coconut

jiko flatbread.jpg

A salad

jiko salad.jpg

Scallops with pork belly

jiko scallops with pork belly.jpg

Macaroni and cheese with truffles

jiko mac and cheese.jpg

Elk

jiko elk.jpg

Koki corn with mushrooms, avocado and greens

jiko koki corn.jpg

Malva pudding

jiko sunset dessert.jpg

Complimentary chocolate snow cookies

jiko cookies.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Here are some things from the Animal Kingdom.  From Harambe Markey, chicken tikka masala with black eyed pea salad and rice

akchicken tikka masala.jpg

Not great, but better than your typical burger and french fry theme park offering.  I liked the salad.  We also got a borewat sausage in curry batter with papaya salad

akboerwat sausage .jpg

Later that afternoon we stopped by Nomad Lounge for a cocktail.  This is a quiet and peaceful oasis that I don't think many people know about.  That won't last long, as it is on the walkway to Avatar Land which is scheduled to open this summer.

tiffins cocktails.jpg

That night we had dinner at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Bread service (after it had already been attacked by my niece and nephew)

jiko bread service.jpg

Taste of Africa, with double hummus and no papaya sambal as it had shrimp paste in it.  We ordered two of these for the table and they got devoured.

jiko taste of africa.jpg 

Iguaday tibs in brik: filo parcels stuffed with mushroom and curry with curry flavors

jiko broks in tibs.jpg

Flatbread with chicken and coconut

jiko flatbread.jpg

A salad

jiko salad.jpg

Scallops with pork belly

jiko scallops with pork belly.jpg

Macaroni and cheese with truffles

jiko mac and cheese.jpg

Elk

jiko elk.jpg

Koki corn with mushrooms, avocado and greens