• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

clarification

Thanks @paulraphael, I have the SousVide Dash app but I don't have much experience using it. I see I'll have to do my homework!

Tonight I heated the water to 118F. Added the bagged salmon and some boiling water. Thought that I added too much hot water, so I added some cold. Thought I added too much cold, so poured in some more hot. Temp settled down to about 116F, eventually getting back to 118F. Cooked the bag for 22 minutes.

Just divine.

Now I have some halibut to try. And some spot prawns. The halibut is over 1" thick so I'll have to adjust my ideas a bit. Any ideas about time and temp?

TdeV

TdeV

clarification

Thanks @paulraphael, I have the SousVide Dash app but I don't have much experience using it. I see I'll have to do my homework!

Tonight I heated the water to 118F. Added the bagged salmon and some boiling water. Thought that I added too much hot water, so I added some cold. Thought I added too much cold, so poured in some more hot. Temp settled down to about 116F, eventually getting back to 118F. Cooked the bag for 22 minutes.

Just divine.

Now I have some halibut to try. And some spot prawns. The halibut is over 1" thick so I'll have to adjust my ideas a bit.

TdeV

TdeV

Thanks @paulraphael, I have the Sous Vide app but I don't have much experience using it. I see I'll have to do my homework!

Just divine.

Now I have some halibut to try. And some spot prawns. The halibut is over 1" thick so I'll have to adjust my ideas a bit.

TdeV

TdeV

Thanks @paulraphael, I have the Sous Vide app but I don't have much experience using it. I see I'll have to do my homework!

Just divine.