• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Sure! I'll play.

My recent go-to has been Dorie Greenspan. I just made her World-Peace cookies and they are amazing, best cookies ever, imo. I've also made her Crispy Cookie bars which were amazing. She's batting 1000, can't wait to try more recipes, not to mention she gives good instructions in her recipes.

I've also been cooking from Polpo, a Venetian cookbook. I've had mixed results but mostly positive. 

And lastly, I've been smitten with Smitten Kitchen. Blogs rarely interest me, but her recipes work! They've all been very good so far and it's free!

You can check out my EYB to read all my reviews. I try to update everytime I cook something new.

I'm not as enamored with Land of Fish and Rice but I've only tried a handful of recipes. I'm much more interested in her Sichuan cooking book.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Sure! I'll play.

My recent go-to has been Dorie Greenspan. I just made her World-Peace cookies and they are amazing, best cookies ever, imo. I've also made her Crispy Cookie bars which were amazing. She's batting 100, can't wait to try more recipes, not to mention she gives good instructions in her recipes.

I've also been cooking from Polpo, a Venetian cookbook. I've had mixed results but mostly positive. 

And lastly, I've been smitten with Smitten Kitchen. Blogs rarely interest me, but her recipes work! They've all been very good so far and it's free!

You can check out my EYB to read all my reviews. I try to update everytime I cook something new.

I'm not as enamored with Land of Fish and Rice but I've only tried a handful of recipes. I'm much more interested in her Sichuan cooking book.