• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

  • product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

palo

Cuisinart Recall

125 posts in this topic

Apparently there is a blade in my community mailbox.   My son will visit later this evening and among his chores he will collect my mail.  

2 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted 12/16. immediate email confirming request. No blade yet.

 

Just called them, and it sounds like they are being inundated with calls asking for status as she asked me right awya "status or new claim" when i said "status" she gave me a predetermined message about how they're working as fast as possible to manufacture blades and have no ETA/updates to provide.

 


Edited by jmolinari (log)
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this email :

 

February 4, 2017


Dear Customer, 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.

In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/6/2017-2/20/2017.  

We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor. 

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall. 

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Cuisinart

 
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theRx . pdf takes some time to load.

 

here it is :

 

http://www.cuisinart.com/share/Simple_Enticing_Recipes.pdf

 

after I D/l'd it to the Desktop , I scrolled through it

 

newe to me , some of the Rx's have imbedded video's which you click on and then YouTube of the Rx appears in my browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rotuts said:

I just got this email :

 

 

February 4, 2017


Dear Customer, 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.

In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/6/2017-2/20/2017.  

We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor. 

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall. 

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Cuisinart

 

 

We got an identical message this morning. The weird thing is, we got our replacement blade weeks ago -- between Christmas and New Year's Day.


Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes , I agree.

 

perhaps this is common , but I had not seen it.  

 

Cuisi does feature their own products , so there is that.

 

I can't imagine them featuring Breville , 

 

which needs to make a Combi-steam oven for the counter top

 

not so much a bigger BV-XXLL   which Ive seen at Will-Sonoma and it misses its mark

 

for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive requested tow blades :

 

the first was the original on my Prep 11 Plus.

 

I got a second blade for the above so one blade is for coarse work  ( i.e. grinding )

 

and one is for slicing work   ( i.e. softer foods )

 

I do sharpen these blades myself ...

 

I did call them about the second blade

 

and even considering that the recall was not as quick as it might have been  ...

 

they accepted the fact that I had two blades and the second is the one on the above email.

 

I can tell you this :    Im fairly good at sharpening my knives , of course now w the EdgePro

 

and I I know when I sharpened the blade ion in the Prep 11 Plus is was much sharper after my efforts 

 

but the new blade is razor sharp.

 

take your time getting it out of the box they send it to you in.

 

it protects the blade , not so much your fingers trying to rip it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rotuts said:

I just got this email :

 

 

February 4, 2017


Dear Customer, 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.

In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/6/2017-2/20/2017.  

We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor. 

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall. 

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Cuisinart

 

Recipes to use in a bladeless Cuisinart?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Recipes to use in a bladeless Cuisinart?

Not a single food processor recipe. Well, one, for their blender FP combo, but those blades aren't recalled.


Formerly "Quiltguy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DesertTinker said:

Not a single food processor recipe. Well, one, for their blender FP combo, but those blades aren't recalled.

Being a huge fan of cuisinarts - I once bought one of their blenders - really noisy piece of crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Being a huge fan of cuisinarts - I once bought one of their blenders - really noisy piece of crap!

I worked in housewares at Macy's, we had lots of returns on Cuisinart blenders. 


Formerly "Quiltguy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice

 

Sooooo much Huffing !

 

Sooooooooo much Puffing !

 

nice

 

cleans out the deepest depths of your  lungs !

 

please 

 

think back

 

Sooooooo long ago:

 

the Cuisinart changed cooing

 

granted  it was an import from French:

 

french robot coupe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good processor. Bad blender.

3 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my copy of the "we're working s fast as we can" email today but it was in my spam folder. I'm just glad to know that I am on the list. I rarely use the blade so waiting isn't a big deal for me.


Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're now sending spam to the address I used to register for the blade recall.  Boo!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Porthos said:

I received my copy of the "we're working s fast as we can" email today but it was in my spam folder. I'm just glad to know that I am on the list. I rarely use the blade so waiting isn't a big deal for me.

Ditto


If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrrgghhh!!!  On Feb. 4, I got an email from them saying that my blade was "about to be shipped"....  today, I got a new email saying that they've been flooded with requests and now they're estimating shipping my replacement in May!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KennethT said:

Arrrgghhh!!!  On Feb. 4, I got an email from them saying that my blade was "about to be shipped"....  today, I got a new email saying that they've been flooded with requests and now they're estimating shipping my replacement in May!!!!

 

Your best bet may be NOS at a retailer until yours arrives--if those weren't pulled.  Or eBay.

 

Until mine arrived, I simply inspected the blade closely before and after every use.  And nothing was served to anyone until the latter inspection.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my "well, it's going to take even longer" email. I wonder if my 14 cup machine's (put away until I get an complete new bowl assembly) blade would fit and if it has rivits. I will have to wait until I can pull it out to check on it.


Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do as

 

@boilsover 

 

is doing

 

i can't recommend it , but that makes sense to me.

 

just me

 

I have not gotten that secondary email

 

myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rotuts said:

 

I have not gotten that secondary email

 

myself

 

The last 2 emails have gone into my spam folder. I added the email address to my contacts to hopefully avoid that in the future.


Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I requested another blade using a different email address about a month back, and got an email (2nd one) saying they may get it to me in June/July. Interestingly, haven't gotten an update on the primary email which I had sent back in December.


"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as mentioned above

 

study your SPAM folder.   I used Gmail and it came in the Promotions folder

 

I got the mild Feb notice , but so far no other email extending passed that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, rotuts said:

as mentioned above

 

study your SPAM folder.   I used Gmail and it came in the Promotions folder

 

I got the mild Feb notice , but so far no other email extending passed that.

I never got a response to my first request.  i run the mail server the mail would have come to, it never was attmepted to be delivered.  I did get a blade.  Because I never got an email confirmation, after a week or so, I made a second request, using a different email and my office shipping address.  That one did get emails, including the most recent home for christmas message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.