• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart Recall

palo

I have one of these.  I've spent some time redialing 877-339-2534 (the supposed number to call) and getting nothing but a busy signal.  My last call tells me the number has been disconnected.  Does anyone have a number that works? I am so sick of Chinese made garbage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KitchenQueen said:

I am so sick of Chinese made garbage.

Like most places, there are all kinds of items of really incredible quality coming out of China, along with the duds. And not every product I have purchased that was made here at home has been the best, though I do feel better about keeping the work and money here. 

• Like 2

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

16 hours ago, KitchenQueen said:

I just filed the report online. My canned reply tells me they're  sending me a new blade, and asks me to accept their apology.    Accept their canned apology?   This infuriates me.

The website doesn't load.  I called.  Got a busy signal several times, then a recording that told me to drop dead.  Actually it said they couldn't answer their phone, and I could submit a claim on online or by email.  But didn't tell me how I'd do that.  So, yeah, drop dead.

• Like 1

i got through.   

they didn't need the SN  which is impossible to decipher  Ill give them that.

its not just the models mentioned .  may of those models have letters after them and they count

ie  DLC-2011   includes a zillion w letters after the initial sequencxe

just keep trying.

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

Same here!

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I was easily able to register for the new blade for my DLC2014!

like someone else here mentioned, with 8 million recalls, I just wonder how long it will actually take to get my replacement.

interesting question    I have not gotten an email back yet , but I copied the ' ticket '

it seems that < 100 or so issues were reported , including cuts in the mouth.

so lets say  its under reported by 1/2

that's  200 out of potentially 8 million blades out there.  as this goes way be to the end of the 90 ' , 1/4 are retired, 

that still 6 million blades.   say 50 % of the people see the recall and act

3 million blades     I recall a replacement blade was around 30 + bucks.  say 33 % profit  

thats a hit to the company of about 60 million dollars.

cuisinart is owned by Conair Corporation.  its a private company

Rats !    I wanted to see how its stock was doing today.

at least its not snowing here.