• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart Recall

palo

Apparently there is a blade in my community mailbox.   My son will visit later this evening and among his chores he will collect my mail.  

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Submitted 12/16. immediate email confirming request. No blade yet.

Just called them, and it sounds like they are being inundated with calls asking for status as she asked me right awya "status or new claim" when i said "status" she gave me a predetermined message about how they're working as fast as possible to manufacture blades and have no ETA/updates to provide.

Edited by jmolinari (log)
  • Like 2

I just got this email :

February 4, 2017

Dear Customer, 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.

In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/6/2017-2/20/2017.  

We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor. 

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall. 

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Cuisinart

• Like 1

That's kinda cool. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

I just got this email :

February 4, 2017

Dear Customer, 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.

In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/6/2017-2/20/2017.  

We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor. 

As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall. 

Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com

Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Cuisinart

We got an identical message this morning. The weird thing is, we got our replacement blade weeks ago -- between Christmas and New Year's Day.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

yes , I agree.

perhaps this is common , but I had not seen it.  

Cuisi does feature their own products , so there is that.

I can't imagine them featuring Breville , 

which needs to make a Combi-steam oven for the counter top

not so much a bigger BV-XXLL   which Ive seen at Will-Sonoma and it misses its mark

for me.

Ive requested tow blades :

the first was the original on my Prep 11 Plus.

I got a second blade for the above so one blade is for coarse work  ( i.e. grinding )

and one is for slicing work   ( i.e. softer foods )

I do sharpen these blades myself ...

I did call them about the second blade

and even considering that the recall was not as quick as it might have been  ...

they accepted the fact that I had two blades and the second is the one on the above email.

I can tell you this :    Im fairly good at sharpening my knives , of course now w the EdgePro

and I I know when I sharpened the blade ion in the Prep 11 Plus is was much sharper after my efforts 

but the new blade is razor sharp.

take your time getting it out of the box they send it to you in.

it protects the blade , not so much your fingers trying to rip it out.

3 hours ago, rotuts said:

I just got this email :

February 4, 2017

Dear Customer, 

Cuisinart

Recipes to use in a bladeless Cuisinart?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DesertTinker said:

Not a single food processor recipe. Well, one, for their blender FP combo, but those blades aren't recalled.

Being a huge fan of cuisinarts - I once bought one of their blenders - really noisy piece of crap!

nice

Sooooo much Huffing !

Sooooooooo much Puffing !

nice

cleans out the deepest depths of your  lungs !

please 

think back

Sooooooo long ago:

the Cuisinart changed cooing

granted  it was an import from French:

french robot coupe

Good processor. Bad blender.

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I received my copy of the "we're working s fast as we can" email today but it was in my spam folder. I'm just glad to know that I am on the list. I rarely use the blade so waiting isn't a big deal for me.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

On February 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Porthos said:

I received my copy of the "we're working s fast as we can" email today but it was in my spam folder. I'm just glad to know that I am on the list. I rarely use the blade so waiting isn't a big deal for me.

Ditto

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

Arrrgghhh!!!  On Feb. 4, I got an email from them saying that my blade was "about to be shipped"....  today, I got a new email saying that they've been flooded with requests and now they're estimating shipping my replacement in May!!!!

4 hours ago, KennethT said:

Arrrgghhh!!!  On Feb. 4, I got an email from them saying that my blade was "about to be shipped"....  today, I got a new email saying that they've been flooded with requests and now they're estimating shipping my replacement in May!!!!

Your best bet may be NOS at a retailer until yours arrives--if those weren't pulled.  Or eBay.

Until mine arrived, I simply inspected the blade closely before and after every use.  And nothing was served to anyone until the latter inspection.

• Like 1

I received my "well, it's going to take even longer" email. I wonder if my 14 cup machine's (put away until I get an complete new bowl assembly) blade would fit and if it has rivits. I will have to wait until I can pull it out to check on it.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

33 minutes ago, rotuts said:

I have not gotten that secondary email

myself

The last 2 emails have gone into my spam folder. I added the email address to my contacts to hopefully avoid that in the future.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I requested another blade using a different email address about a month back, and got an email (2nd one) saying they may get it to me in June/July. Interestingly, haven't gotten an update on the primary email which I had sent back in December.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

On 2/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, rotuts said:

as mentioned above

study your SPAM folder.   I used Gmail and it came in the Promotions folder

I got the mild Feb notice , but so far no other email extending passed that.

I never got a response to my first request.  i run the mail server the mail would have come to, it never was attmepted to be delivered.  I did get a blade.  Because I never got an email confirmation, after a week or so, I made a second request, using a different email and my office shipping address.  That one did get emails, including the most recent home for christmas message.