• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart Recall

palo

Maybe I'm just ridiculously clutzy but I manageg to cut a finger on each hand getting that super sharp replacement blade out of the packaging from hell...designed to protect the blade but nearly impossible to get the blade out of it! 

35 minutes ago, lindag said:

Maybe I'm just ridiculously clutzy but I manageg to cut a finger on each hand getting that super sharp replacement blade out of the packaging from hell...designed to protect the blade but nearly impossible to get the blade out of it! 

Ouch!   But thanks for warning us all. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

3 hours ago, lindag said:

Yes, the replacement is like a Size 10 foot in a Size 8 shoe.  Then they SAY to repack the old foot in the same shoe for return/disposal; I think Conair's just trying to save return shipping charges.  Worked with me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2016 at 4:22 PM, boilsover said:

Strange...  My replacement blade arrived today, and it's different from yours-- mine seems to have the steel blades completely bedded in the plastic hub.

Mine's marked: "Cuisinart DLC-7 Metal Blade DLC-001BIA"

Cuisinart New Blade.jpg

Mine showed up today.  I have a 14 cup model.  The blade is marked DLC 001BIB.  It looks like Rotus's.  I suspect they've got different factories making them, with different designs.  Incidentally, I never got any confimation that they'd received my replacement request, until the blade showed up.  j

43 minutes ago, rotuts said:

nice

Sooo Sharp!

maybe your confirmation , as mine did went into a SPAM File ?

Not unless it failed to include the string 'cuisinart' in it.  I did check, before submitting another request, using my work contact details.  That got an email pretty much instantly.

Costco, as always, is a class act. I got a snail mail notification concerning this the day after I submitted my claim. This thread notified me ahead of Costco but I don't fault them for that.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Has everyone gotten their replacement blade?  I haven't yet.

Ha ha!  We only got our acknowledgement about a week ago.   Things move especially slowly in the frozen north.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I think that the Folks that asked for their new blade

after their the C's stocks of the replacement blade had been depleted  

might take an unknown time to get

I have my Blade1  delivered to me Toot Sweet

I asked about a second blade I had, and got an email from them 

so some later request are Cooking ?

keep your initial Emal

as I have

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElainaA said:

I got my confirmation email on 12/22 - no blade yet.

I made two claims; one on 14 DEC, which I didn't get an email confirmation for, another on 22 DEC, which I did.  I got the first blade on 4 JAN.  I have not received the other.  (they're going to entirely different addresses, so I'm sure that's the one I got.)  I'm sure they've exhausted their initial supply of replacements and are waiting on the factories (or the ships).

• Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 10:42 AM, Porthos said:

@palo Thank you for starting this thread. My claim has been submitted.

I have never received any confirmation or notification emails.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I got two confirmations...one immediately, and one about a week ago. 

Whatevs. I'll get it when I get it. 

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning