• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Android Apps for eBook Cookbooks

BadRabbit

Over the past 5 years, I've spent a considerable amount of money buying all my physical cookbooks in digital form (when I can find them). I have a 10 in Adroid tablet I keep in the kitchen that I now cook from almost exclusively. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a good app that allows for searching the text inside the books globally. Most are able to search within a specific book but I haven't found one that can search all books simultaneously. 

For now I've been using Eat Your Books as the search and then using a reader app to look up the recipe but would like to do all that in one app.

Has anybody found an ebook reader that works well for cookbooks (or any reference type books)?