• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Spelling

I'm enjoying something close to the drink @Ed Hamilton suggested.  I say close because while I have a couple different bottles of Ed's rums, it never would occur to me to stock 86 proof Demerara.  I mean, what's the point?  So I used the juice of one humongously large navel orange, pimento dram, and generous ounce and a half of Hamilton 151.

To my taste the result was far too sweet.  So I topped the tumbler up with lime juice.  The tartness was now just right.  However the beverage was too weak.  So I poured in a lot of 151.  I do not pretend I measured.

Now I have something worth making again!

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

I'm enjoying something close to the drink @Ed Hamilton suggested.  I say close because while I have a couple different bottles of Ed's rums, it never would occur to me to stock 86 proof Demerara.  I mean, what's the point?  So I used the juice of one humongously large navel orange, pimento dram, and generous ounce and a half of Hamilton 151.

To my taste the result was far to sweet.  So I topped the tumbler up with lime juice.  The tartness was now just right.  However the beverage was too weak.  So I poured in a lot of 151.  I do not pretend I measured.

Now I have something worth making again!