• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner At Raglan Road in Disney Springs

Porthos

My daughter and son-in-law eloped on Christmas Eve 3 years ago. They had a vow renewal ceremony at Epcot's Japan Pavillion this past Tuesday and a few parties to celebrate the event. Besides doing the theme park thing we wanted to eat at one place in particular. Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant in Disney Springs, part of Walt Disney World, was simply a must-do. They feature live music and since we are a bit partial to celtic music (but no great depth of knowledge) this was a little slice of heaven for us.  My DW had the Fish and Chips but with colcannon potatoes instead of chips. She felt the fish was properly cooked but underseasoned. The tartar sauce made up for that.

I chose Bangers & Booz (Guinness and onion banger on top of mash, with a beef stew for a base). To accompany it I had a brew that is exclusive to them, an Irish Whiskey Coffee Stout. It was tasty and well-balanced and went well with my entree.

RaglanRoadBangers.jpg

So-so photo - I rarely photograph my food.

If you appreciate good pub food you should consider this if you are ever in the area.

• Like 4

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

• 2 weeks later...