• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Supermarket Promotional Leaflets

liuzhou

@blue_dolphin inspired me to post. This is from the Vons (a division of Albertsons) app. Calling it cuisine is bad enough, but international? I guess the brand name fooled them.😂 The section also included salsa, taco shells and soy sauce.

95C32F86-64E3-482A-AB85-CB65032F9A74.jpeg

Edited by DesertTinker
Added missing image (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wish my local stores promoted International stuff. They almost never do. The only examples I can think of from recent leaflets are Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Blue Ribbon "beer". I don't like chocolates and I don't consider that wet stuff to be in any way related to "beer".

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

I wish my local stores promoted International stuff. They almost never do. The only examples I can think of from recent leaflets are Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Blue Ribbon "beer". I don't like chocolates and I don't consider that wet stuff to be in any way related to "beer".

Oh, I thought the stores where you are carried a good selection of oriental stuff?

• Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 2 years later...

I'm not 100% sure this belongs here, but I did pick it up at the checkout at one of my local supermarkets. It's actually for the "western" restaurant next door which has nothing to do with the supermarket, but obviously friendly enough.

It did amuse me however.

888338741_20201110_1435591.thumb.jpg.8cfc690dbea273af018da2035096aea7.jpg

I had no idea what Montreal Steak was but Google set me straight. Then I noticed that they proudly proclaim that it is 100% guaranteed Australian steak. I checked my atlas and think it must be (con)fusion food.

The other side of the leaflet:

987496069_20201110_1435471.thumb.jpg.54dfa833ffe202356d4938265044be9b.jpg

features at 25元, Thai Style Curried Seafood; at 28元 Cypress Mushroom Steak; and for a mere 27元 a Tuna Pizza.

Actually, I have eaten there and it's not that bad if you choose carefully.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto