• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

39 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

Oh my, I glanced at the item (chicken  or duck I assume) on the top left.  I thought it was a bat

A fat one but none the less a bat.  I think I just April Fooled myself!

This one?

5ac0a07962b1c_pipachicken.thumb.jpg.4fb32297ce09270133a03fa13bc1ec84.jpg

Yes,  I sort  of see a bat. But actually it gets its name from something quite different. The spatchcocked chicken is considered to resemble a pipa, a four stringed Chinese musical instrument.

pipa.jpg.991f2f76f941b6c1fb1e8cd88ea7dab6.jpg

This image is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.

Nancheng is just the name of the supermarket chain.

I agree, more batty than pipa-like, but ultimately more like a spatchcocked chicken.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

Oh my, I glanced at the item (chicken  or duck I assume) on the top left.  I thought it was a bat

A fat one but none the less a bat.  I think I just April Fooled myself!

This one?

5ac0a07962b1c_pipachicken.thumb.jpg.4fb32297ce09270133a03fa13bc1ec84.jpg

Yes,  I sort  of see a bat. But actually it gets its name from something quite different. The spatchcocked chicken is considered to resemble a pipa, a four stringed Chinese musical instrument.

pipa.jpg.991f2f76f941b6c1fb1e8cd88ea7dab6.jpg

This image is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.

Nancheng is just the name of the supermarket chain.

I agree, more batty than pipa-like